An up market restaurant situated on the bottom flooring of the Race Course Constructing in Colombo 7 was utterly gutted by a hearth that raged via the constructing in the course of the early hours of yesterday morning, police and fireplace officers mentioned.
They mentioned a suspected gasoline leak is believed to have triggered-off an explosion that prompted the fireplace.
The restaurant is believed to have been empty on the time of the fireplace and no casualties have been reported.
Six fireplace vehicles from the Colombo Municipal Council Fireplace Brigade and the Cinnamon Gardens Police have been pressed into service in a joint effort to douse the fireplace.
The Cinnamon Gardens Police is finishing up additional investigations.