The third dose of COVID-19 vaccine for totally vaccinated immunocompromised and extremely weak comorbid people aged above 20 years shall be rolled out from tomorrow (November 20), says the Ministry of Well being.
A communiqué issued by the Director-Basic of Well being Providers Dr. Asela Gunawardena famous that chosen classes are eligible for prioritization for the third dose of COVId-19 vaccination:
• Immunocompromised sufferers as a consequence of illness or remedy
• Sufferers with continual kidney illness
• Stable organ, bone marrow or stem cell transplant recipients
• Sufferers with most cancers whether or not on remedy or not
• These with asplenia and splenic dysfunction
• Sufferers with every other immunosuppressed state on the advice or referral from the treating doctor
The third dose shall be administered to those that have accomplished two doses from any COVID-19 vaccine sort and the time elapsed at the very least one month from the second dose.